The Wardner Peak Uphill Downhill Uphill Downhill
The Return of the Uphill Downhill Uphill Downhill!
What is this Event?
It’s the second annual randonee event for anyone! You can push it to your limit or just cruise with your friends and enjoy the camaraderie. Set on the signature terrain of Wardner Peak, this is a short, friendly course with mellow climbs and fun descents. The Pros will be focusing on their heart rate and transition times, the Ams will be trying to peel their skins apart and figuring out what a kick turn is supposed to look like. But, everyone will be enjoying a beautiful day in the mountains with friends.
Whether you are a first timer, a back country bro, full granola, or finally getting some use out of that backcountry setup you bought with grand intentions, this is going to be fun. During and after the race we will have music and drinks going at the Finishline Bar and Grill. Be sure to swing by and get your pre-après on.
- BBQ at Finishline Bar
- 3 Course length options, the easiest is roughly 1/3 the length of last year, the hardest is longer than last year!
Registration/ Lift Ticket:
- Before January 26th at Midnight- Register in the EVENT TICKETS portion of our web store for $20
- After January 26th at Midnight- Register day of in the Gondola Village on 1/28/17 from 8:30-9:30 for $30
- Registration also includes a Drink Voucher for use at the Finish Line Snow Bar
- A reduced price lift ticket is available for $35 for competitors who are registered. This is the only way to get the reduced price ticket.
Hard Core - 3 laps - 2,025' of accent and descent! Men - Women
Soft Core - 2 Laps - 1350' of accent and descent! Men - Women
Leisure Class - 1 lap - 675' of accent and descent! Men - Women - Youth Men -Youth Women
Youth is under 18 years of age,those under 18 wishing to compete in the Hard Core and Soft Core categories will be placed in the general Men's and Women's divisions of those categories.
Day of details:
Day of registration in the Gondola Village from 8:30-9:30. Race meeting is at 11:40 on Gold at the Finishline/Startline. Start is at Noon. We estimate that the final finisher will be done by 2:30. Awards will be in Moguls at 3:30 if everything goes as planned.
- 675 Feet of climbing per lap.
- Your choice of one, two or three laps.
- 1 Mile Course Length.
Start near the bottom of Wardner Peak on Gold, head up Morning Star, continue up Sheer Bliss to the summit of Wardner Peak, down 16 to 1, ending on Gold.
- Helmets are required for all disciplines on the downhills.
- Alpine touring, telemark, split board, or snowshoe/snowboards are all welcome.
- Skins, for split boards and skis.
- Snowshoes for traditional Snowboards only, you must ski or snowboard downhill.
- Boot packing and hiking prohibited.
- Avalanche Equipment not necessary.
- Water and Nutrition should be self supported.
- Dress, and prepare for adverse conditions. Weather can change suddenly in the mountains.
- Snowshoe rentals available at Silver Mountain Sports by reservation only.
- Other Equipment Rentals are available in limited quantity at the Mountain Gear Retail store, or Outdoor Pursuits at North Idaho College prior to the event. There is no event discount, visit their website.
Any questions can be sent to Willy Bartlett at email@example.com
2016 Images are on our Facebook page HERE.