For the consideration and safety of all of our guests we ask that you please observe the following guidelines.
1. Always stay in control.
2. People ahead of you have the right of way.
3. Stop in a safe place for you and others.
4. Whenever starting downhill or merging, look uphill and yield.
5. Use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
6. Observe signs and warnings, and keep off closed trails.
7. Know how to use the lifts safely.
Silver Mountain Resort prohibits the use of unmanned aerial systems, or drones, without prior written authorization from the resort.
1. No smoking, including e-cigs, is permitted at Silver Mountain Resort.
2. Dogs are permitted on the gondola and in the village, but please ensure that they are on a leash at all times.
3. Please remember to dress appropriately as our gondolas are not temperature controlled.
Resort Boundary Policy
Silver Mountain Resort has a clearly marked resort boundary. Skiers who choose to leave the resort and ski beyond the boundary do so at their own risk. This includes popular areas such as South of the Border and Goaties. There are no resort services outside the resort boundary. The backcountry surrounding Silver Mountain may contain uncontrolled avalanche terrain and unmarked hazards and obstacles.
Rescue from the backcountry surrounding Silver Mountain Resort is the responsibility of the Shoshone County Sherriff. Rescue, if available, will be slow and difficult. Costs associated with backcountry rescues are the responsibility of the individuals being rescued.
Those who choose to ski in the backcountry should ski with a partner; have the skills and knowledge to do so safely; carry and know how to use avalanche transceivers, shovel, and probe; know their route and have a means of uphill travel.
In case of an accident, contact ski patrol at 208.783.1111 x8300.